Saturday 1 January 2011

Getting started -Jan 1st

So here it is... not only my first blog post of 2011 but my first blog post ever! 

I saw in the new year with some good friends at home and was inspired to not only start this blog but also to rejuvenate my life.  

As Big Ben approached midnight, we penned our resolutions.  I don't make resolutions.  I made one once; to stop smoking. Original it was not.  Needless to say, like a million smokers before me, I failed.   
    My leap into the non-smoking lounge came later when I fell pregnant.  I'd recommend it to any smokers who need a little help sticking to their midnight vows.  Perhaps that's why so many people are born in September?  Because it doesn't matter how much want a cigarette, you are a mother to be and like the millions of mothers to be before you, you will puke your guts up. 


So instead of things I was going to stop, I wrote a list of things I was going to gain.  
     12 bongs of Big Ben
     12 grapes hastily stuffed in my gob 
     12 life enhancing quests


1) Go to Australia
2) Move out of Trowbridge
3) Write a children's book
4) Wear more interesting clothes
5) Get fit and toned
6) Act in a play/ film 
7) Learn Spanish 
8) Take up photography again 
9) Travel to another county (not Australia)
10) Grow my hair long
11) Eat more veg
12) Make 3 new friends


Hopefully making this a public journey will give me the kick up the arse I need.  Even if I'm the only person reading it. 


Here's to 2011!










 

2 comments: